My sister Jodi is eight years older than me. She played tuba in the band at school and I think had a short stint of playing basketball in high school. It is funny that most of my memories of her are from her in high school and older but I guess it makes sense. I remember that I would go hang out with her in her bedroom downstairs and read Seventeen magazines with her. She would always ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up - to which I replied 'a model' and she would rub my cheeks with the back side of her fingers because they were smooth. Apparently that is the one important credential of models - soft cheeks. She also wore her sweatshirts inside-out and made it cool. I remember doing it too at school and rolling my eyes at the all the kids who pointed out that my sweatshirt was inside-out. They didn't understand 'cool' and I continued doing it. That was about as fashion-forward as my career lasted with Jodi. One winter day (4th grade I think) I wore black stretch pants under my jean skirt and Jodi pointed it out to me. She must not have thought that was cool.
By the way, I still maintain that it was cool and love leggings underneath skirts.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment