Hands-down Kali was always the favorite sister growing up (my guess is that there is consensus on this from the three youngest of us). She always made up fun games for us to play - and played along. And she always made any chore or work or anything we had to do, fun. Always. It is funny that I don't remember any really specific examples (might use some help on that) but I think it was probably because it was just always her nature to be fun with us.
Poignant lessons:
Kali taught me how to properly wash and dry a knife with the pointed edges away from you.
Kali loved Wally Joyner and Cary Grant but when I asked who she thought was a faster runner - she said probably Cary Grant.
Kali taught me how to sift flower off the edge of the measuring cup while baking.
Kali taught us all how not to make a yule log to eat (commenced with Dad bringing the chainsaw in to try and cut it).
One time when I was sick with the flu and throwing up, Kali sat by my side and helped me think of all the disgusting foods one could eat before throwing up. It made me feel better.
Kali made me love running.
Don't let your older sister practice the 'death spin' that figure skaters do on you on Lake Windsor.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment